Q: What are the dates of Hashomer Hachadash 2020?
A: Sunday, July 5, 2020 – Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Q: What is the total cost of the program?
A: The total cost for each participant is $9,000. This price includes: round-trip flight, NYC — Tel Aviv — NYC, accompanied by an ICT/Hashomer HaChadash representative*, Room and board, including 3 daily meals, 6 Weeks of jam-packed scheduled days, trained counselors and staff, entrance fees to all visited sites, air conditioned transportation as detailed in the itinerary, and more.
Q: What is the payment schedule and registration process?
A: Apply on our registration page by December 15. Interviews to be held throughout December.
- Due following first interview: $500 (fee will be returned if participant is not accepted to the program)
- Due January 1st: $1,500
- Due April 1st: $3,500
- Due May 1st: $3,500
Q: Will there be security staff?
A: Yes, an armed guard will accompany group during trip
Q: Do you provide health insurance for the campers?
A: Yes. We provide emergency medical insurance coverage for each participant**
* Please note we do not cover transportation to and from the NYC airport.
** Pre-existing conditions will not be covered. Special policies should be obtained prior to arrival in Israel, and we also recommend obtaining Travel Insurance for Trip Cancellation as well for unforeseen circumstances.
* This fee will be returned if participant is not accepted to the program
Q: What if my child can no longer attend? Do we get a refund?
A: If you cancel between April 1 and 30 days prior to departure, you will receive a 40% refund. If you cancel within 30 days of the beginning of the program, we cannot offer you a refund. Regardless of when you cancel, the initial $500 registration fee will not be returned.
The quoted prices are based on an exchange rate of $1.00 = NIS 3.50. In the event of a 2% or more change in the exchange rate (up or down), the price will be adjusted accordingly.
- ICT and Hashomer Hachadash reserve the right to cancel the program up until one month prior to arrival. Fees will be reimbursed accordingly.
- In the case of a national security issue, cancellation rates will be determined by the Israel Tourism Ministry.